There’s one person you probably don’t think about often enough:
Your future self.
But you know what? They desperately need your help!
Because they need that information that you’re holding right now in your brain or the palm of your hand (think a receipt, note, idea, or document).
The great thing is: You can make the life of your future self (remember: it’s you!) much easier with a little bit of effort now.
All it takes is a few extra seconds or minutes to save that information in a place where they can easily find it.
Think about it as sending your future self a gift.
Here are a few examples to make this more concrete:
- Save the receipt for a business expense in the right folder, so when you have to do your taxes, it will be right there waiting for you.
- Write down a short SOP about that change you made at work, so 2 months from now, you remember why you did what you did (your coworkers will love this, too).
- Amend that cake recipe, so next time you know that 3 cups of sugar are too many.
- Note down that idea for the intro of your next newsletter, so when you sit down to write, it’s right there.
- Keep that testimonial, so you can add it to your website later.
- I could continue giving examples, but I trust you get the point.
TL;DR: Develop the habit of writing things down and saving documents for your future self’s sake. They’ll love you for it!