One way to get testimonials is to simply ask for them.
That puts the burden on the other person and the result is often not what you hoped for.
Here are 5 new ways to get powerful, authentic testimonials for your online course or product.
- Capture tweets or other social media posts saying positive things about you and your course/product A tool like shoutout.so helps you put them all together easily on a beautiful Wall of Love. The best thing is: They're already public.
- Use student wins and positive comments from your course forum Whether you're using Circle, Slack, or another community platform, this is where students share their progress and breakthroughs. Send a quick DM to ask if you can use their comment publicly.
- Leverage Zoom chat messages from your live session The chat is often full of in-the-moment positive energy that shouldn't stay hidden. Grab the chat text file after the session to find the best comments and ask the students if you can use them.
- Turn insights from your offboarding survey into testimonials This is where your students reflect on their wins from the course and share what results they got. I've written about how to turn them into great testimonials here.
- Construct testimonials from conversations with your students Talking to your students to get feedback is a fantastic idea. When you ask the right questions, you end up with powerful, in-depth testimonials. Jonathan Woodruff shares a great process for this here.
Did I miss something? What other ways have you used to get authentic testimonials from your customers?
Let me know!